• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 left Menu "Mail" link and Cmail/Expand

B

bluenen

I have upgraded to version 9 and only then discovered that it is apparently not 100% compliant with an Expand/Cmail setup (Why release something that isnt ready Parallels???)...

Anyway it seems that for the most part everything is working OK except that my users are now getting seriously confused because before the upgrade they had to use the Custom Button created by Expand in order to access their mail accounts (the custom button links them to the Cmail server).

However with the upgrade to 9.0 there is the addition of the left "Mail" menu item and it seems it cannot be removed. This poses a majour problem as the menu item doesn't seem to know about Cmail and is instead sending the user to the local Plesk server's mail setup (which is now not functional as its meant to be using the Cmail server). Therefore the user cannot see any existing accounts and cannot add new ones!!!

They told us not to upgrade but not officially. Just in the forums, which isn't a support forum according to them, so I don't know there seems to be a lot of that going on with Parallels...

Well I certainly don't monitor this forum unless I actually have a problem. When plesk comes up and says "hey there is an update available" its almost an automatic for us to accept the update and carry on.

As far as Parallels releasing their product knowing that it is incompatible with other products *within their own range*, I find that disturbing to say the least. If they insist on releasing a product in this way I would suggest that they change the update system to include bold red warnings for this type of thing!

I wonder if there is some way to hack the coding to remove that left menu item for "Mail" which would sort my problem out.

Back