• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 - Server load out of control (auth.php3)

W

wsani

The following process is literally eating the server resources:

/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm

It seems that atMail is to blame. Is anyone else facing the same problem?

I'd like to thanks Parallels for making their customers the biggest beta testing group ever. The aforementioned process is literally taking all of the CPU causing the server to crash every minute!

I'd like to thanks Parallels for making their customers the biggest beta testing group ever. The aforementioned process is literally taking all of the CPU causing the server to crash every minute!

WOW not had this one, which surprises me as had most of the other issues that Plesk 9 has :( without any real word from them to say they are working on them. Its like we are just a few of those experiencing issues which to be honest is impossible.

I have the sam problem after updating my 1und1-rootserver to plesk9

There are more and more of the processes and then the server crashes ;-(

I have the sam problem after updating my 1und1-rootserver to plesk9

There are more and more of the processes and then the server crashes ;-(

How long does it take before your server crashes? And you mean Plesk Server? or th whole server. As for some reason every so often our Plesk Server goes down and starts up again 5 minutes later due to Watchdog I believe. Used to have this on Plesk 8.x before but after a few patches was fixed, but seems like it is back :(

No, the complete server crashes and i must reboot the machine. Before the update to plesk9 the server was running fine for over one year.

I have rebootet the mache at morning between 8-9 o clock and it was crashing in the following night (14 or 20 hours later).

Today I will kill all of the processes running, so the server hopefully runs till tomorrow morning.

I hope, there is a easy and fast solution for the problem.

No, the entire OS comes to a halt... ****ing Parallels, always the same story...

As a workaround till a real solution is found, I made a "chmod 644 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi".
So I have no plesk-server, but the os is still working and the machine did not crash.

No, the complete server crashes and i must reboot the machine. Before the update to plesk9 the server was running fine for over one year.

I have rebootet the mache at morning between 8-9 o clock and it was crashing in the following night (14 or 20 hours later).

Today I will kill all of the processes running, so the server hopefully runs till tomorrow morning.

I hope, there is a easy and fast solution for the problem.

Hi

We had a support ticket which cost us $75.00 for an issue which was not caused by us, luckily they are now refunding us this and we hope a patch is out soon. As when we try to have backups to a Personal FTP Repository it shows FTP Network Error when we try to copy them to the server or delete the backups.

I dont think we'll ever upgrade past v9 of Plesk as it is too much hassle :(

Thanks
Terry

I have de same problem after migration from plesk 8.6 to 9

I have the same problem in CentOS5. I have 4GB and I need reboot the server every 4 days.

killall -9 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi
/etc/init.d/psa start

Kill all processus name /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi
And restart plesk :).

Need patch.

Yes it's the best way to fix it until the patch is available. I will create a cron job with the script

I do recall the issue with watchdog, so I disabled it and the host is no longer failing... again, Parallels has managed to introduce an old issue into a new release. Way to go...

Yes it's the best way to fix it until the patch is available. I will create a cron job with the script

How often are you planning on running the job - my server locked up 3 times in the past 12 hours.

Same exact thing.... after updating to "whatever" the update was on Dec 23 yesterday, the

/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm

threads run out of control to the tune of a hundred or more.... doesn't kill my server since I've got 8gig of ram and decent proc on centos, but it does eat up a good chunk of available ram after a while.... really freakin' annoying.... and to think I thought Parallels buying Swsoft was going to be a good thing.

J

I have the same Problem... The Server Crashed! All services are stopped and the SSH connection isn`t connectable...

Here the Info from Plesk Admin Login:
ERROR: PleskFatalException
Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:108
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:93

Hope next update is better tahn the last... Every day i can restart my Root Server... That isn`t the best way...

to the swsoft team:

the grsecurity patch is well supported on plesk 9?

cause lots of people have the problem evoqued here and the desactivation of this linux security patch solve this problem... (not normal to have to do this, before there was no problem with this linux security patch)

I have centos 5, and I have the same problem. The servers is down each 2 days, the swap partition is used to 100%.

Actually its the other way around, Sw-soft bought parallels back in 2004 or 2005. They just renamed the company to parallels for marketing purposes :p

In reference to grsec, Plesk 9 needs to be able to read /proc, which is normally (and rightfully so!) restricted with grsec. I believe there are selinux policies that would do the same thing, so I would check into that for the folks that arent using grsec enabled kernels.

For the ASL folks, the 2.6.27.x kernels added in an exception to do this for you automatically. You should only have to upgrade to it, and reboot. Knock on wood the problem should go away.

so for grsec, why no problems with plesk 7 and 8 and why now with plesk 9 ??

we have to totally remove grsec??

Back