• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9 to Plesk 9

G

gshelton

Has anyone come up with a decent way to migrate from a plesk 9 box to a different plesk 9 box being they released this piece of trash and did not finish the migration manager?

The update from 8.X to 9 trashed my current server so bad, that I have opted to go to a new server to start fresh.

Any help is appreciated.

OK, so this is how I am going about this terribly painful move:

First on oldserver I created two bogus user accounts:

To Be Moved
Already Moved

I then created a matching user account on newserver for To Be Moved.

On oldserver, I change domain ownership of the domains I want to move. So lets say domain1, domain2, domain3.

I then do a client backup from inside of the control panel using the Personal FTP Repository option. I have newserver setup as my repository.

Once the backup is complete and transfered to newserver (if it did not fail) then I access newserver via SSH and do the following:

From the location where I put the backup remotely (and for each domain):

mv *.tar /var/lib/psa/dumps/
cd /var/lib/psa/dumps/
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --create-map domain1.tar -map domain1.map
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --create-map domain2.tar -map domain2.map
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskrestore --create-map domain3.tar -map domain3.map

Then once I access the client backup manager in newserver control panel, I can restore the domains. After testing to make sure they work, I transfer ownership to the proper owner on newsever and to Already Moved owner on oldserver.

May not be the best way, but it is working for me and I hope it will help someone else.

Oh, you can transfer the current owner with their domains if they are small. I am in the process of moving my own collection of 80+ domains and hundreds of gigs of data. It would not do it all at once.

Oh, something else I noticed (Another bug?) is that when you backup from one box and restore to another, it will not restore the database of an installed application from the fault. Say I have wordpress installed from the vault, when I transfer the backup to the new server, I have to go back and get the database manually. :(

Back