• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk won't install on Alma 9 because of missing CRB repo

QWeb Ric

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 9.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
After my efforts to spin up a Rocky 9 server were swatted by Plesk not actually supporting Rocky 9, I've now spun up an Alma 9 server and worked my way back to being ready to install Plesk.

This time I got the following error:

Plesk installation requires 'crb' OS repository to be enabled.

So I enabled and tried again:

# dnf config-manager --set-enabled crb

And got the following:

Unable to create dnf cache for 'crb' OS repository.
Make sure the repository is available, otherwise either disable it or fix its configuration, then try again.

I then tried an update to pull the cache, and:

# dnf update
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: crb

At this point I checked my dnf repolist and see that Rackspace, our server host, seems to replace the CRB repo

# dnf repolist
repo id repo name
crb AlmaLinux 9 - CRB
devel AlmaLinux 9 - Devel
epel Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 9 - x86_64
epel-cisco-openh264 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 9 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
ospc Open Source Public Cloud
rackspace Rackspace Monitoring
rackspace-almalinux-appstream AlmaLinux 9 - AppStream
rackspace-almalinux-baseos AlmaLinux 9 - BaseOS
rackspace-almalinux-crb AlmaLinux 9 - CRB
rackspace-almalinux-extras AlmaLinux 9 - Extras

Note there's both a crb and rackspace-almalinux-crb repo ID listed here, both with the same AlmaLinux 9 - CRB repo name. If I again disable crb, the Rackspace variant persists.

It seems to me that basically, with Rackspace we already have a CRB repo enabled by default and working, but the Plesk installer is looking for one named exactly "crb" so erroring out.

Is there a way to force the installer to continue despite thinking this repo is missing?

Back