• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 9.x to Plesk Onyx Comparison and Clarification Questions

willinit

New Pleskian
I'm currently in the research steps of migrating accounts from Plesk 9.x servers to Plesk Onyx and I'm trying to find out what control panel areas of Plesk Onyx are the updated versions of the Plesk 9.x control panel.

To be more specific...
1.) Is the "Customers" section of Onyx take the place of the "Clients" section in 9.x? If that's the case and I don't see any of the clients from 9.x listed under the Plesk Onyx "Customers" section, does that mean it just didn't migrate the client usernames over? If I go to a domain in Plesk Onyx I am able to see the client name from 9.x listed as a "System User". Would that be the equivalent to the client name on 9.x?
2.) Plesk 9.x doesn't have any reference to "Service Plans". Is there an area of 9.x that would be the older equivalent?
3.) Plesk 9.x doesn't have any reference to "Subscriptions". Is there an area of 9.x that would be the older equivalent?
4.) If during a test run of the migration I see that the subscription section has all of the migrated domains listed with "Custom" next to them, I'm curious if that's normal in an environment with multiple individual customers?

The business model of Plesk was completely and seriously changed since Plesk 10.x version. Following document contains a detailed explanation of these changes comparing Plesk 9.x Switching to Panel 10 Provider's Guide
I hope it will help you with understanding the new Plesk Onyx business model.

Back