• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Plesk and IIS password synchronization issue

william dee

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a site which is hosted at dailyrazor.com on Windows Server and which uses Plesk.

Recently for no apparent reason, and after no changes were made to my site, the server started rejecting requests with a 401 - Unauthorized error. When I contacted Daily Razor support they pointed me to this knowledge base article

https://kb.plesk.com/en/118770

and maintain that it is Plesk which is changing either the IIS or Control Panel password on its own for no good reason twice this week. Daily Razor support seems incapable of diagnosing the problem and have apparently resorted to running a job periodically which will report when the passwords get out of sync. That does not seem like a solution to me.

Is it reasonable to assume that there is a bug in Plesk which is causing the problem or is it more likely that the one of the passwords is being changed deliberately or inadvertently.

Thanks for any information.

Regards,
Will

Back