• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk and WordPress table names

TrevorWood

New Pleskian
Hi

I've recently started using Plesk to create WordPress websites and I have come across 2 problems with the table name prefixes

1. Plesk ignores the value I put in and creates a random string of letters
2. The random string of letters is mixed upper & lower case. MySQL recommends that table names should be lower case. I've come across a problem when moving sites between Linux & Windows as Windows ignores the case whereas Linux doesn't

Is there a fix for these issues please?

Thanks

Hi TrevorWood,

"Cross-platform transfer" is not supported by Plesk.
Consider to manually adjust "MySQL recommendations" over PHPmyAdmin.

I'm not asking for Plesk to do cross platform transfers. I'm just asking for it to
1. Use the table prefix string that I put in rather than ignoring it and putting a random string in. It has the option for me to manually input this and then ignores it. This is a bug
2. Not use uppercase letters when creating a random string for a table prefix. Windows is case insensitive, so it makes sense to use only one case. It must be a very simple thing to do. Is this too much to ask?

This isn't what I want. MySQL recommend that table names use lower case letters. Plesk puts in upper case letters - even when I tell it not to by putting a string in (which it then ignores and fills in its own random string).

This is a bug and needs fixing - don't just give me a work around, fix the problem

Hi TrevorWood,

maybe you didn't noticed, but I'm a "New Pleskian" just like you, and this isn't (AFAIK) Plesk support, but a forum where Plesk users tries to help between themselves by asking questions and receiving (hopefully) good advices.

If you you think the behaviour is a bug, I think you can officially open a Plesk support request.

Good luck,

Sergio

Except that I have to have a registered copy of Plesk and the one I use is registered with my hosting company :-(

... so you have four problems:
  • convince your hosting company that the behaviour is a bug
  • have them asking Plesk to fix it
  • have Plesk fix it
  • have your hosting company install the "fixed" version
I'd try the "lower_case_table_names = 2" trick (if it works: I didn't tried, just inferring it can be a solution)

Back