• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Awstats engine

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I am integrating GeoIP with Awstats but i am having trouble finding where the Plesk Awstats engine is so that the GeoIP module can be enable automatically when new domain is setup or else i will have to enable the option manually for each domain.
Do anyone know where i can find these Awstats engine or main configuration file?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I got this working by doing the following:

1. Install GeoIP
2. Get latest database from wget http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz
3. vi /etc/awstats awstats.model.conf and edit the following line to:

LoadPlugin="geoip GEOIP_STANDARD /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Geo/GeoIP.dat"

Now all new domains have GeoIP as standard.

Good to know, thanks - I was able to also get it working from your instructions, how ever I can see how some people wont.

How did you install it in that location? Which directories did you manually create, did you manually change or set any ownerships or permissions?

I know some one is going to ask at some point :p

GeoIP was installed via RPM so went to that path by default. Didn't need any change of permissions or ownerships. It actually turned out to be ten times easier than I originally thought to set up, if your using packages then just follow my instructions :) .

Back