1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Awstats engine

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by shoggy24, Aug 19, 2007.

1. shoggy24

shoggy24 Regular Pleskian

57%
    I am integrating GeoIP with Awstats but i am having trouble finding where the Plesk Awstats engine is so that the GeoIP module can be enable automatically when new domain is setup or else i will have to enable the option manually for each domain.
    Do anyone know where i can find these Awstats engine or main configuration file?

Thanks in advance

2. HoneyMonster

HoneyMonster Guest

Hi,

I got this working by doing the following:

1. Install GeoIP
    2. Get latest database from wget http://www.maxmind.com/download/geoip/database/GeoIP.dat.gz
    3. vi /etc/awstats awstats.model.conf and edit the following line to:

LoadPlugin="geoip GEOIP_STANDARD /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Geo/GeoIP.dat"

Now all new domains have GeoIP as standard.

3. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

Good to know, thanks - I was able to also get it working from your instructions, how ever I can see how some people wont.

How did you install it in that location? Which directories did you manually create, did you manually change or set any ownerships or permissions?

I know some one is going to ask at some point :p

4. HoneyMonster

HoneyMonster Guest

GeoIP was installed via RPM so went to that path by default. Didn't need any change of permissions or ownerships. It actually turned out to be ten times easier than I originally thought to set up, if your using packages then just follow my instructions :) .