• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk backend can no longer be accessed due to PHP error in security-advisor

philippL

New Pleskian
Ubuntu 14.04.6 LTS
Plesk 12.5.30-ubuntu14.04.build1205150826.19

After login the backend shows:
ERROR: Undefined class constant 'PLACE_ADMIN_NAVIGATION' (CustomButtons.php:20)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles
That error can also be found in /var/log/plesk/panel.log

After searching for that file containing that constant I found it in /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/security-advisor/hooks/CustomButtons.php
However, neither removing that file nor uninstalling the extension via "plesk bin extension --uninstall security-advisor" had any effect. It's almost like that error display or the PHP code behind it got cached and keeps getting executed. I tried restarting a bunch of Plesk services but without any effect:
Code:
/etc/init.d/psa restart
/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart
service sw-engine restart && service sw-cp-server restart
service apache2 restart
service nginx restart

I don't know what changed - it was working a week ago.

Same here, but we was able to fix.
We found related files with this command:
Code:
find /opt/psa/admin -name "CustomButtons.php" -ls
This give us the extension, which was updated recently. In our case "google-authenticator".

I uninstall from CLI and was able to access Plesk again.
A question would be, how this can happen. The system combination is, I'm sure, unsupported and shouldn't get updates anymore. Also when we shouldn't use this OS anymore, it works and we can use time to migrate.

Thank you @swarnat , that solved the problem. Curiously the google-authenticator extension does not contain "PLACE_ADMIN_NAVIGATION" in CustomButtons.php nor in any of its other files. But uninstalling google-authenticator did the trick.

Back