• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved plesk backup crontab

Gigaveri

Basic Pleskian
Hello

plesk backup crontab does not work

2016-09-23_1454.png

[root@server ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
[root@server ~]#

????

Hi Gigaveri,

the command that you used ( "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1" ) does not execute the crontab ( schedule ), that you were creating over your Plesk Control Panel in your screenshot. You created a global BACKUP SCHEDULE.

Let's assume, that you setup a "daily" backup, for 14:30 GMT +3, then a crontab will be configured, to run at the NEXT defined time, each day, with the options you setup in your "scheduled backup settings".
Due to the fact that you posted your thread at 13:55 CET, which is 02:55 p.m. for your defined GMT +3 time zone, then the next backup will start tomorrow at 02:30 p.m. GMT +3, if you didn't forgot to click on "Taman" or "Uygulayin" ( which is "OK" or "Apply" in english ), so that the schedule has been saved. ;) Pls. inspect your depending log - files for possible issues ( "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-<datetime>" or/and "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/restore-<datetime>" )

The command "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1" can be used for a DOMAIN - specific crontab ( scheduled task ) at => "Websites & Domains > Scheduled Tasks"

For more informations about crontabs ( scheduled tasks ) with Plesk 12.5, pls read:

Hi Gigaveri,

the command that you used ( "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1" ) does not execute the crontab ( schedule ), that you were creating over your Plesk Control Panel in your screenshot. You created a global BACKUP SCHEDULE.

Let's assume, that you setup a "daily" backup, for 14:30 GMT +3, then a crontab will be configured, to run at the NEXT defined time, each day, with the options you setup in your "scheduled backup settings".
Due to the fact that you posted your thread at 13:55 CET, which is 02:55 p.m. for your defined GMT +3 time zone, then the next backup will start tomorrow at 02:30 p.m. GMT +3, if you didn't forgot to click on "Taman" or "Uygulayin" ( which is "OK" or "Apply" in english ), so that the schedule has been saved. ;) Pls. inspect your depending log - files for possible issues ( "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-<datetime>" or/and "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/restore-<datetime>" )

The command "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1" can be used for a DOMAIN - specific crontab ( scheduled task ) at => "Websites & Domains > Scheduled Tasks"

For more informations about crontabs ( scheduled tasks ) with Plesk 12.5, pls read:

[root@server sysconfig]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng
backupmng: Unable to fetch backup tasks from database: Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'psa.BackupsScheduled.id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

nano /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager

8,23,38,53 * * * * root [ -x /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

[root@server ~]# cd /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup
-bash: cd: /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup: No such file or directory
[root@server ~]#

[root@server ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
[root@server ~]#

unfortunately it doesn't start

Hi Gigaveri,

backupmng: Unable to fetch backup tasks from database: Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'psa.BackupsScheduled.id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

According to your error message, pls read and follow the suggestions at:

[root@server ~]# cd /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup
-bash: cd: /usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup: No such file or directory
According to your used command, you seem to misunderstand my suggestions to investigate possible logs. Pls. try to read again:

Pls. inspect your depending log - files for possible issues ( "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/backup-<datetime>" or/and "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/restore-<datetime>" )
The logs are located at "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs" and depending folders are named "backup-<datetime>" or "restore-<datetime>" ( i.e.: backup-2016-01-01-01-00-99-999 )​

[root@server ~]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
unfortunately it doesn't start
Pls. try to read again, what I wrote in my previous post about it. ;)

Hi Gigaveri,

According to your error message, pls read and follow the suggestions at:

According to your used command, you seem to misunderstand my suggestions to investigate possible logs. Pls. try to read again:

The logs are located at "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs" and depending folders are named "backup-<datetime>" or "restore-<datetime>" ( i.e.: backup-2016-01-01-01-00-99-999 )​

Pls. try to read again, what I wrote in my previous post about it. ;)

Mysql 5. 7 Update sql mode ON :)

nano /etc/my.cnf

[mysqld]
sql-mode="NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

service mysqld restart ::)

2016-09-23_1754_001.png

Start backup süper :) MUckkkkkk :)

Last edited:
Back