• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup filling up server.

Slavik

Basic Pleskian
My disk usage over the last couple of weeks has been very weird.

Just have a look.

space.jpg

Anyway running du -a /var | sort -n -r | head -n 20 pointed me to the /var/lib/psa/dumps directory which was hogging over 250gb of space!!!! With some individual statistic files taking 5gb each.

So obviously the backup system isn't working. To add to the problem, checking my FTP respository the backup system isn't uploading to the FTP either.

So whats up with the backup? Why is it being such a royal pain in the arse and any suggestions to fix?

Bump... haivng to empty these folders every few days is a little annoying? Any suggestions / help?

A little more config info may be needed to fix this one!

When you say the Backup system isn't working - it may only be doing what it's told.

Try reducing the "number of backups to keep".

If you know that the server runs out of storage after 5 backups, try reducing the total number to 4. After the fourth backup has been made, the server will over-right the first. IIRC, there is also an option to not allow the server to start a backup process unless there is a certain amount of available disc space.

AFAIK, at the moment you can't create a server repository backup and Personal FTP repository backup at the same time by using the Backup Manager. How have you enabled your server to create both backup types?

Back