• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Backup Manager Missing

jase42

New Pleskian
Plesk Version: Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #28 - Web Admin Edition

I currently have a VPS running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS that has access via Parallels Power Panel and Plesk.

When browsing my Plesk dashboard, I do not see an option anywhere for the Plesk Backup Manager. As such, I am unable to create a backup of my server and WordPress websites.

Furthermore, when I visit myip:8447/add_components.html I do not see an option to install the backup manager.

AscTPfu.png

I am however able to do a server backup in the Parallels Power Panel, will this serve the same function as the Plesk backup, should I ever need to restore from system failure etc?

My preference would be to use the Plesk Backup Manager as this is what I am familiar with through shared hosting previously, although I've never had to actually restore from a backup...

Do you have "Plesk Migrator" extension in Extension menu? Try to install it.

Igor probably asked for migration manager, because the backup system is using the same component. After installation of migration manager you are still not seeing a backup option?

Igor probably asked for migration manager, because the backup system is using the same component. After installation of migration manager you are still not seeing a backup option?

Correct. After installing the Migration Manager, I still do not see an option for the Backup Manager.

if you go to tool & settings - server components and search for "backup", does it list the psa-backup-manager ?

Please check that your license has option:

Backup and restoration functions On

Hey there )

Judging by the screenshot you've provided I think that you may have custom Power User view enabled in Plesk. It is meant to reduce clutter on the screen, but it hides a number of features usually available on the Tools & Settings screen. Can you please try logging in to the server via SSH and running the following command:

plesk bin poweruser --on -simple false

Hey there )

Judging by the screenshot you've provided I think that you may have custom Power User view enabled in Plesk. It is meant to reduce clutter on the screen, but it hides a number of features usually available on the Tools & Settings screen. Can you please try logging in to the server via SSH and running the following command:

Thank you so much! This has fixed the problem and I can now see and use the Backup Manager and a lot of other things too!

Hey there )

Thank you very much! It was the perfect answer for me.
That configuration was set by the vendor (I didn't get Plesk directly from Plesk).
Thank you again.

Back