• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk backup not working

L

LukeK

Hi Guys any advice on this issue would be fantastic,

I currently run plesk 8.6 on centos5.3 and a number of my clients are having problems taking backups. Manual backups from the control panel seem to work fine but when using the scheduler for the same domain, it does nothing...no alert to the email given, nothing as if it hasn't even run.

The time on the server is correct, updated via ntp daily so cant be that. strange thing is there seems to be no pattern it works for some clients and not others.

Any help would be fantastic.

Luke,

First of all make sure that you have record about this scheduled backup in BackupsScheduled table in psa database. You will see id there. Try to run this scheduled backup manually with

/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/backup/scheduled_backup.php --dump ID

If it will be successfully completed maybe following KB article will help you http://kb.odin.com/en/6194

Thanks IgorG,

Looking at that table in the psa database I have found the backup I am testing:

id | obj_id | obj_type | repository | last | period | active | processed | files | prefix | email | objects | split_size |
9 | 81 | domain | local | 2009-11-04 16:50:00 | 86400 | true | true | -1 | | [email protected] | 9 | 0 |

running: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/backup/scheduled_backup.php --dump 9

This works fine and I can see the file in the repository. However when not running the above command the backup doesn't even appear in the backup repository, I have read the article and this seems related to wrong dates on the files or the backups starting at the wrong time, and mine dont seem to start at all. Any other ideas?

Luke,

Are you sure that cron daemon work fine and cron task for psa/admin/sbin/backupmng also work correctly?
Check /var/log/cron for time when task should be executed and check crond status with

# /etc/init.d/crond status

Try to restart it.

/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/backup/scheduled_backup.php --dump 9
The file scheduled_backup.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

And not one scheduled backup starts in Plesk 8.6 :(

Manual backups created normally.

Edit the backup cron Job file:

vim /etc/cron.d/plesk-backup-manager

And in it add:

8,23,38,53 * * * * root [ -x /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng ] && /opt/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

That runs every Saturday 23hrs. You can edit the days accordingly ...

Details here:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260889

Back