• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk backup suddenly got very slow

BobK

New Pleskian
So I am running Version 18.0.40 Update #3 on windows and in the last week the full backups are extremely slow. A Full backup is about 100gb and stored locally on the same machine. They start at 1AM and usually when I get in my office at 5am they are done. I never payed attention to exactly how long they take. In the last week or so, at 8AM its still running. Same amount of disk space roughly so its not that. Right now its been running 7 hours and says its at 80%. I have rebooted the VM but it still is taking that long. I havent actually got a complete backup since by this time normally I have to end the backup so that its not using 90% of the CPU power as people need to work and access their sites and emails.
Today is Saturday so I am letting it run to see what happens. Its at 80% right now on a specific domain so if it hangs there, i know its something with that domains files but any suggestions at to what to look for as the cause would be helpful. Thanks!
-Bob

Update: Its proceeded past the domain it was on at 80% which was large. So its not frozen but still take probably twice as long as it did just a week ago and I cant figure out why.

Hey
Thanks for the suggestion! I will give that a try.
Did you find a solution to this?

Running,
Debian 9.13
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.43 Update #1
to a local FTP(s) server is super super slow.

Another server,
Debian 10.12
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.43 Update
Backups to a FTP storage box at Hetzner with a server there is blazingly fast.

Any help would be appreciated.

No, i just use Backup-telemetry extension to see what taking the most time. But a full backup is a 8 hours process. I dont backup to FTP because the bandwidth cost from the data center would be very expensive.

Back