• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup /var/lib/psa/dumps full

keff

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

I have strange problem. Today plesk stops responding - quick login and I see that the /var partition is full. There was a process "plesk_agent_manager server" witch has 100% CPU load. After quick search I found that the /var/lib/psa/dumps has 760 GB of memory witch is almost all free space on partition. In /var/lib/psa/dumps plesk store all backups TAR's and other files. But I think it shouldn't. My backups from beginning is set to be strored on FTP server, and they did.

My question: It is safe to delete all the files on /var/lib/psa/dumps ?

Hello,

Please make sure that you have backups stored on your FTP repository. If they are on place you can remove these backups from /var/lib/psa/dumps.

You can find more information on the Parallels Plesk Panel variables in the following article:

http://kb.odin.com/en/952

so i can delete any file in /var/lib/psa/dumps manualy from command line, and keep the latest ones ?

Late response, but for history's sake

Mostly yes,

Delete enough of the older ones to get your system operational, then transfer of the remaining files to a none server location, and delete away 'til you are in the current week.

These files can get ridiculously large when you start dealing with site caching.

You might want to consider this script: http://www.blackpepper.co.uk/black-...disk-space-or...-Managing-Plesk-Backups-.html

#!/bin/sh
#
# Delete backup more than 90 days old.
#
backupDir="/var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp"
#
daysToKeep=90

echo "Checking for files older than $daysToKeep days in $backupDir"
listOfFiles=`find $backupDir -mtime +$daysToKeep`
if [ ! -z $listOfFiles ]
then
echo "Found [$listOfFiles]"