• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Backup

KlausZ

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
i make a complete Server-Backup as admin in Plesk Onyx every day. In the individuell abonnemonts i dont have the backup-Manager on and no daily plan. But when i have a look to the backup Manager of a abbonnemont, i see the backups from the abo. They are the same times a the complete backup. First ist no Problem. But the Limit of the abo are many times to low, because the most of the place are the backups. And the place on the Server may be at any time to low. I have a complete backup e.g. with 10 GB and 5 Abos. One of the abo is big, and has alone 9 GB. So the Limit is to low, but only for the backups. Is this normal? Or what can i do, that only the complete backup is written. No backups for the individuell Abos.
Thanks, Klaus

I don't have a direct answer to your question but maybe an alternative solution would be to store your backups to a cloud? For example to Amazon S3, Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft One? These are usually fairly inexpensive solutions and easy to setup with the Plesk extensions.

For complete Server Backups on local storage, Plesk creates individual backup files (tgz) for each customer/site and not one single big archive. (and this is good - no this is great even!)

In your case with the limited diskspace for subscriptions, you may wanna go to "Tools & Settings" --> "Server Settings" and uncheck the "backup files created by the administrator" flag for the disk space usage calculation.
This way your backups will no longer count agains the space used by your customers.

Back