• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk beam.smp process problem/using much RAM and Sync to Outlook takes long

cloudbridge

Basic Pleskian
Hello Plesk'ians,

Server: VPS 16GB RAM, Debian 9, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28
Problem: I have a problem with one server that process beam.smp generates many beam.smp processes and uses much ram (PIC htop. Outlook sync mail very long, gmail (plesk account) sync long too.

Solution: After I kill 1 process (PIC2 htop after kill) - other is being killed too, and RAM goes back to normal mode, and everything works, outlook synchronizes mail fast also then.

Question: Why beam.smp so many processes? What causes it to generate and it doesn't stop running, I need to kill it manually. But if i kill one, all is being killed too.
I had this situation about 2-3 days ago, but i didn't kill it, and server was inactive (zombie mode) i was unavailable to connect over ssh etc... it gived me message from KVM that RAM is out of....and this proccess beam.smp was getting all ram at maximum.

Attachments

• plesk htop after kill.png
    plesk htop after kill.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 3
  • plesk htop.png
    plesk htop.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
Plesk has nothing to do on all of this.

Finally I found the solution. These posts helped to figure this out. RabbitMQ on EC2 Consuming Tons of CPU and How do I restart rabbitmq after switching machines?

What happened was rabbitmq was holding on to all the results that were never freed to the point it became overloaded. I cleared all the stale data in /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit/, restarted rabbit and it works fine now.

My solution was to disable storing results alltogether with CELERY_IGNORE_RESULT = True in the Celery config file to assure this does not happen again.

Plesk has nothing to do on all of this.

Thank you Hextrator, I will try to do some changes with this, because once again before 5mins it started again...
I will let you all know if it will fix it in some days.

Attachments

• beamsmp.jpg
    beamsmp.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 2
Back