• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Billing

How to remove Plesk Billing completely

Hi All,

If you want to remove plesk billing completely or you need to reinstall it because you broke it in some way you can do the following:

Uninstall the rpm by any of your favorite means i.e. rpm -e plesk-billing...... or yum remove plesk-billing etc.

next connect to the database server, in my case by doing the following:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

Next you can look for the billing database which is most likely called billing:

mysql> show databases;

mysql> use billing;

then you select some things from a table just to be sure that you have the right db:

mysql> select * from products limit 10;

If you have the right db then:

mysql> use mysql;

replace billing with the database name that you found from above.
mysql> select Host, Db, User from db where Db like "billing";

assuming that the user is called billing and the host is localhost
mysql> drop user 'billing'@'localhost';

Next you'll have to delete the database from mysql:
mysql> drop database billing;

And that should be it.

You can then reinstall plesk-billing if you want to.

HTH

Simon.

At a total loss...

I can't believe this issue is so difficult to resolve. Somebody from Parallels *must* know how to switch this off...

Registering a Plesk server in Plesk Billing carries out some remote configuration changes on the Plesk server. What are these changes and how can they be reversed?!

Here's hoping this message finds somebody with half a clue at Parallels...

Fixed!

Well - after giving up on Parallels to actually offer a solution to this I went hunting and found a solution. The one thing I can count on every month is Parallels processing a credit card payment...

The long term effects of this haven't been tested but it seems to work fine so far on both Linux and Windows installs. Plesk Expand integration seems unaffected. First of all - back up your cl_param table from the psa database.

- My old billing server was referenced in the cl_param table. This was the giveaway...
- When you blank out the ppb-url parameter nothing happens.
- When you delete the ppb-url the billing icon disappears from the CP homepage
- When you delete the remote-access-hash record as well - the damn "Couldn't connect" messages go away :)

I'm embarrassed for Parallels not being able to point this out.

"Somebody from Parallels *must* know how to switch this off..."
Parallels known, but doest`t answer ;)

When im doing server recovery from backup to new server with fresh plesk installed and no psa-billing, im recover some tables from old database to get work old clients. All steps are done successfully except psa-billing message:
"Error: Unable to fetch customers' balances: Unable to connect to Plesk-Billing."

here my solution:
use psa;
select * from cl_params;
| 3 | ppb-url | https://XXX:8443/plesk-billing/ |
| 3 | remote-access-hash | somehash

Ok, bye-bye:
delete from cl_param where param="remote-access-hash" and cl_id="3";
delete form cl_param where param="ppb-url" and cl_id="3";

and the message was gone.

Back