• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk changing permissions on Windows system folder

Nilton Santos

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I have one question about plesk windows folder permissions.

My client need acces one .dll file on system folder "Program Files\Common Files" then i set permission
Read e Execute like site below, but this permissions was reseted to default automatically.

Default User Permissions for Disks

How do I keep these permissions?

Just few questions to understand your issue correctly:
1) you have granted Read & Execute permissions to folder C:\Program Files\Common Files for one of system users of susbcription? or this is some extenal account (not created by Plesk)
2) Is this 64-bit version of Program Files? not C:\Program Files (x86) ?
3) permissions were reset to default after installation of Plesk updates?

See what the Plesk Support say:

Hello,

The permissions are reset during Daily maintenance task execution. It is expected behavior as this is done due to security policies.
In case you would like to set custom permissions, you should use %plesk_dir%\\etc\\DiskSecurity file.
For more details regarding it please check the article How to customize permissions for plesk users by "Disk Security"
Also I have noticed that it is a bug in documentation: it should be "Program Files (x86)\Common Files" not "Program Files\Common Files".
For "Program Files\Common Files " default permission for Plesk users are full deny.
I will create a request for improving the documentation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,
Anzhelika Khapaknysh
Technical Support Engineer
Plesk

Through Disk Security XML file, how to set a permission to the T:\folderABC\ path ?
I used this, but it does not work :
<Entry AccounType="1" Account="Psacln" Path="/" SubPath="folderABC" AceFlags="ThisFolderSubfoldersAndFiles" AccessMask="ReadWrite" EntryFlags="0x8" />

Back