• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Close ports 25/465/587 after Reboot

Webroy

Regular Pleskian
I have updated al my plesk servers from 8.6 to 9.2.1.

Everything looked fine, until i got complaints about the email.

After a quick search i found out that after a reboot plesk close or does not open poort 25/465/587.

(on al the servers i have updated and gave a reboot)

When i do a psa stopall and psa start command the ports are open again and te mail is working.

Does anyone else have this problem and knows how you can solve this? (a permanent resolution not just stoppping and strating plesk)

The OS is Centos 5.

Thanks in advance

Hi

all ports are related to SMTP service which is managed by Qmail service (over Xinetd).
So, please check whether Qmail and Xinetd services are enabled to start on boot time:
# chkconfig --list qmail
qmail 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:ff 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff

# chkconfig --list xinetd
xinetd 0:eek:ff 1:eek:ff 2:eek:ff 3:eek:n 4:eek:n 5:eek:n 6:eek:ff

Hi ,

I have done that,

It is ok. like in your reply

This problem is only when i reboot the server , i solves when i restart plesk.

This was not a issue before the update from 8.6 to 9.2.

When i restart plesk the problem solves, is there anything in the plesk config which is not starting at reboot server, but is at an psa stopall and then a psa start?

This is an interesting topic. I just also upgraded from 8.6 to 9.2.1. However one problem I just resolved by using the "psa stopall" and "psa start" trick is that doing so allowed my FTP services to start working. Before that FTP would just drop the connections. Now they work normally.

I'm having some email issues to but I'll keep searching and maybe start a new thread.

David

ftp like smtp is going to be managed by the xinetd service. The first thing I would check is to see if that is running, if it isn't then you just need to make sure its configured to start at boot time (type: setup, follow the dialogs from there).

The other possibility is that its a firewall rule blocking access, which you can take a look at with iptables -L -n.

Hi,

The problem is when you are doing a clean psa stopall and then a reboot, the problem does not come when you do just a reboot or a init 6.

Plesk has reconized the problem and will try to solve this within the next update.

Si untill that time restart plesk after the reboot or just do a init 6 instead off psa stopall - reboot.

Back