• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved "plesk" command not found in bach after upgrade from Debian 9 to 10

umara

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48
Hello,

Today I have updated my system from Debian 9 to 10. During installation process I have followed instructions posted here -> https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...upgrade-procedure-on-Linux-server-with-Plesk-

I have plesk admin however got some issues:
- I had to restore from backup domain and mail settings
- as did that, I had to connect again hosting to domains (which was kinda strange) however DB settings is missing.

When tried to check phpmyadmin got following error: "Failed to store CSRF token in session! Probably sessions are not working properly."
I found a fix on plesk support (https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...on-Probably-sessions-are-not-working-properly) however it require "plesk" command which is missing.

To fix plesk command I tried this article: Plesk and its command-line utilities do not work due to missing Plesk packages - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base
Now I have latest plesk, but still command is not working.
Help would be here much appreciated as of now I cannot update mariadb with all DB I already have in the system.

Can you check if the plesk command is available in this directory?

# ls -l /usr/sbin/plesk

Or is it the plesk command itself that gives an error on the command line?

Last edited:
Hey,

plesk command itself gives an error "bash: plesk: command not found"
BUT I checked location you mentioned and it seems command itself is there, however to run it I have to go into /usr/sbin/ and then ./plesk

It looks like your PATH is incorrect if you have to go to that directory.

What's the output of this command?

# echo $PATH

You miss the /usr/sbin and /sbin in your PATH environment variable.

Are you logged in as root? You should be root in order to execute the plesk command.

Hey, I am terribly sorry. I spent Saturday night on making clients sites and mails live. (at least those are working).
Yes, I was logged in as root (first ssh by user -> su -> root pass -> root).

I've added plsk command location into path and not works like a charm - big thank you!

However now I have issues with other services (like dovecot which is not installed but installed is trying to update is, so I had to disable automatic installation for updates) and with mariadb who is missing information about databases (but db are running fine). But those are topics for different thread :)

Anyway - big thank you @maartenv because I missed "path" and your hint helped a lot! :)

Back