• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Control Panel Modes

BruceLeeX

New Pleskian
#1.
not all of the 11 demos work
same links for some of them
plus no user login or credentials
links show to plesk10

NO login, no comparison, no demo

#2.
again (in my opinion stupid & confusing) "versions" of the panel are provided.
Service-Provider-Modus
Power-User-Modus

where to find a doc which shows the differences between both?
thanks

thanks for the reply. but have you ever checked all the demos?
I would do it if I would reply on such a topic.
please do it and you will notice that
#1 the views are the same for different demo links
#2 its not plesk 11
thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been investigating the power user view and more specifically the custom view and I find that there are some oddities going on .

Firstly there are two custom views, the deployment differs whether its enacted through the command line or through the gui (the documentation Blake linked to does make this clear).

Secondly (and this is purely anecdotal not scientific) I've found that the Custom View settings within the GUI don't seem to take, whereas running the settings from the command line (using "admin") seem more reliable.

I am disappointed that I can't seem to do the following :

Lock the panel to custom view _and_ have the custom plan settings available for change.
Get rid of the application vault completely (we use Installatron)
Get rid of the file sharing functionality completely (we are coming from Plesk 8 and 9 and its irritating it exists, especially when it exists for every User thats created with no way to remove it).

You probably already know that its confusing that "simple view" and "custom view" mean the same thing and commands, documentation and template names (The custom plan is called "Admin Simple") should be consolidated on the one name.

Paul.

Thanks for details about German site.
Currently all languages versions of site contains valid information about demos.

Back