• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk control panel slow / unusable

Kinslayer

New Pleskian
Ok, I guess I should admit I've had this problem since the initial install (starting from around Plesk 8.2 i think...). It's intermittent. Plesk is always a bit slower than I remember form my other server, but sometimes its *really* slow... right now its completely unusable (still got the "loading please wait..." box going).

I have to point out that everything else on the box is flying, even pretty complicated websites. It's a dual core 2.4 with 2gb ram, right now while I'm having this issue the system can even reach 100% idle (and 0% iowait) and it still makes no difference. (For the record there is < 1mb in swap..).

What can I do/try to fix this?

Sometimes I get the impression that plesk is only serving out one file at a time, and that's why it takes so long to load initially and speeds up once my browser has things cached. But right now even after the log in (which took ages), I can't really do anything. I did notice there are 3x httpsd processes running.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sounds like you've ruled out disk activity. Id double check to see if there are any disk errors reported under dmesg. After that, I'm not sure... can you run a sniffer next time its happening on port 8443?

Mmm actually on a hunch I piped all my connection through ssh and it's working fine! Definitely not my ISP, I can access my other Plesk installations on the same port number fine. I guess I will sort this out with my hosting provider. Don't know how to try isolate this, all my other connections to the box work great... wish I could traceroute on specific tcp ports :)

Ok guess this is my last post. Accessing Plesk from a remote box also works great, so it's not my hosting provider (who also just did a few of their own tests and found nothing wrong... and for the record did all that and got back to me within 10 mins... go serverbeach :)). It seems my ISP has weird filtering rules that differ by route, or perhaps one of their uplinks.. I don't know.

But just to conclude, Plesk is working great and it boiled down to network issues.

Ah yeah, that could be QoS going on there. Not using comcast are you? I know they've been getting a lot of attention lately for some of the draconian QoS rules they've put into place.

I've also noticed this

I've also noticed the exact same behavior .. Normal websites, ssh and email all work fast on the server .. its just the plesk interface that is painfully slow ... I'm not sure if it was related the the plesk interface upgrade to php 5.26? This is definitely not a resource problem as it is exhibited across all our plesk servers .. It could just be our ISP at our office doing some sort of throttling on port 8443 ..

haha no I'm not with comcast, I did read about their interesting policies though :) actually in israel... assuming the problem is at my ISP but fwiw, the route to my server via tiscali/level3 is fine, and the problem is via the peer1 route. anyways, thanks for all the help :)

Best and Final RESOLUTION

it is Best way for Resolving this problem ( slow Plesk control Panel and Remote Desktop and localhost on windows server 2003 )

i find plesk require Enough RAM for processing , for example if you have Enough CPU but your Ram is Low , your plesk and remote Desktop and localhost is very slow , but your site loading normal

for resolve this problem :

1 - Upgrdae Hardware ( RAM ) " Recommend "

OR

2 - Change this setting in server :

Right Click on MyComputer => Properties => Advanced => Performance => in Memory Usage Select (Programs)

and then

in Virtual Memory click Change Button

select Custom Size and add a larger number in initial size for example 6000 , and largest number in Maximum size for example 8000 and then click in Set button

OK all page and Restart Winows

You Can View Screen Shot link for esay setting
1 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=237&stc=1&d=1227939703
2 - http://forum.swsoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239&stc=1&d=1227940013

thanks
http://www.EsfahanHost.com
Masoud Saeidi

Back