• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk: Corporate Intranet dns configuration

B

Bruce Bushby

Hi

I'm currently evaluating the deployment of Plesk for a large corporate Intranet.

We have many internal intranet web services which are being consolidated onto a single "production web services hosting platform" In order to facilitate "self service", I have been evaluating the deployment of Plesk Panel.

My question relates to DNS. We are using Infoblox dns and I need to configure my Plesk to register new CNAME's with our Infoblox dns. I can create/delete cname records from the command line but I don't know how to configure Plesk to register new cnames into the companies DNS...rather then within Plesk's dns.

Any ideas how I could script the creation/deletion of DNS records?

Is there a special version of Plesk for Corporate Intranets?

Thanks
Bruce

further to this

I forget to mention configuring Plesk to allow "authentication against our AD servers"

Presumably, deploy Plesk onto a corporate intranet requires two things:

1. New FQDNS (domain stays the same, just a new hostname) to be registered with existing DNS server....say using nsupdate or in my case, a script to submit a soap request to the Infoblox API

2. Configuring Plesk to authenticate users against the companies AD, either directly of via a product such a Likewise

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bruce

Back