• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue plesk CPU monitoring vs VPS CPU monitoring differs

raykai

Basic Pleskian
Hi so im wondering why there is such a difference in the usage of my CPU when comparing Plesk CPU vs my VPS panel CPU monitoring see screenshot.

1-week monitoring:

Plesk is saying this:

plesk_cpu.png

VPS panel CPU monitoring is saying this:
OVH_vps_cpu.png

One day monitoring:

Plesk is saying this:
one_day_plesk.png

VPS panel CPU monitoring is saying this:
one_day_VPS.png

VPS panel CPU monitoring for one full month:
1_month_vps.png

I call my VPS hosting provider to see how much i was using on my CPU they told me the highest i used was 31 % of my VPS CPU. I did send them my Plesk CPU grafts and they say on their side they don't see any spicks like that on their side for my CPU usage

If this is true then Plesk is not giving the right info as it is showing spikes that go to 100% of my CPU.

Is there reason to believe that plesk is not detecting the right CPU specs? if so how can i fix this?

Hello,

In your screenshot, Plesk monitoring and your provider VPS monitoring are showing the same CPU usage. If you check the Legend in Plesk monitoring tool, you can see what was the 100% usage spike. It's not 100% CPU usage by user or system, but a huge Wait-IO, which mean your CPU was waiting for your disk.

So there are no issues on Plesk CPU monitoring, but you should check your disk IO performance because if you have a lot of Wait-IO , that mean your disks are a bottleneck and they slow your system down.

Back