• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk create alias mail address for each alias domain

B4c4rd1

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I have the problem that for each alias domain a alias mail address is created.

I'm not sure if this is a bug. Normally you should have when selecting an email address the choice between the domain or the alias domain or?

Here the result:

upload_2017-4-13_13-19-35.png
upload_2017-4-13_13-19-58.png

Last edited:
I have the problem that for each alias domain a alias mail address is created.
What do you mean "alias mail address is created"?
I have created alias for domain with already existing mailbox and I do not see that additional email alias was created.
Could you please clarify where is issue here? How can this problem be reproduced step-by-step?

Hi @IgorG,

lets doit :)

Create the domains as follows:
upload_2017-4-21_14-34-56.png

Go to "testdomain1.de" -> Email Adresses -> Create a Email like: [email protected]

Go into the Mail: "[email protected]" -> Switch to the Tab: "Email Aliases" -> Create an alias like: "[email protected]"

Go to the overview of Mail adresses and you see following:
upload_2017-4-21_14-38-22.png

Normally you would have the particular domain can select here:

upload_2017-4-21_14-41-21.png

Or is this not wanted with an alias domain?

Hi B4c4rd1, based on our experience with PPA 11.5 (Plesk 11.5), any domain created as an alias will silently set up email aliases for all email addresses at the primary domain (testdomain1.de). So if you create [email protected], then [email protected] through [email protected] actually do exist but aren't shown in the control panel. Further as I recall, an alias [email protected] will silently create four aliases as well.

So basically the user@ mailbox will receive mail for all five domains.

It can be a bit confusing when trying to see what is already set up, but I think the intent is to not list 200 aliases on the Email Aliases tab or for each user on the Mail tab.

Back