• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk custom url does not work with HTTPS

benderzuelo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Versión 18.0.53
Hello, I am new with Plesk.
As the hosting agents told me, it is advisable to put a personalized URL rune.
For this, they recommended that I use a subdomain or domain that is not hosted in PLESK and that I create a DNS record pointing to the IP of the A-record server.
I have done so. hosting.mydomain.com
For it to work for me, in the DNS section of the main domain mydomain.com I had to create the record as well.
So far everything is correct, it works, but whatever, even though the main domain has an SSL certificate protecting domain and subdomain, when I try to access PLESK as hosting.mydomain.com:8443 it always tells me that it is not secure, the security certificate is not protecting this connection.
I have read a lot but I have not found how to solve this nor has it happened to anyone.
PLESK generates a somewhat strange url automatically, with that URL I can access it, but I'm worried that if the subdomain is configured as HOST and it's not protected by SSL it could give me a problem with emails or a block from a third party that doesn't identify me as safe.
Can you please help me?Thanks in advance

Back