• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Plesk dashboard url

saini1987

New Pleskian
hi all,

I recently started using plesk for my websites, i want to know about the plesk dashboard url creation. My plesk dashboard url is <ipaddress>-plesk.page and was setup with the plesk installation. My question is, as it looks like a subdomain of plesk.page domain, how my full plesk dashboard url <ipaddress>-plesk.page is resolving to my server ip address?

How to change this url to other one and make this default url at <ipaddress>-plesk.page fully dead?

Is there any way to password protect the plesk dashboard url <ipaddress>-plesk.page or the new one that you set for your plesk installation?

This article can answer some of your questions:

This article can answer some of your questions:
Thanks for the link, however, i still didn't answer to all my questions like
My question is, as it looks like a subdomain of plesk.page domain, how my full plesk dashboard url <ipaddress>-plesk.page is resolving to my server ip address?
How to change this url to other one and make this default url at <ipaddress>-plesk.page fully dead?

Is there any way to password protect the plesk dashboard url <ipaddress>-plesk.page or the new one that you set for your plesk installation?
By running this command: plesk bin admin --enable-access-domain <your_domain_or_subdomain_name>
will be able to replace that default login url ipaddress>-plesk.page with the new one? I mean when i enter ipaddress>-plesk.page, it won't get me to the plesk dashboard.

Name resolution of the Plesk temporary domain: That's done by the provider of the Plesk temporary domain stem.

How to tchange the url to another one: See article
How to kill the plesk.page-subdomain: I don't know, interesting question. I am not sure if Plesk ever removes these and under what conditions they are removed from their nameservers for that subdomain that a person creates.

Password-Protection: Plesk login is always password-protected. Not sure what your question is targeting.

Name resolution of the Plesk temporary domain: That's done by the provider of the Plesk temporary domain stem.

How to tchange the url to another one: See article
How to kill the plesk.page-subdomain: I don't know, interesting question. I am not sure if Plesk ever removes these and under what conditions they are removed from their nameservers for that subdomain that a person creates.

Password-Protection: Plesk login is always password-protected. Not sure what your question is targeting.
Password -Protection: I know its already password protected, I am talking about an extra layer of security to the plesk login page like we do with the password protected directories. Means upon accessing the Plesk dashboard login url, a login window pops up to enter username and password and if its successful then show the actual plesk admin dashboard login page.....

Password protection: No, there is no viable option to achieve that. You'd have to modify /etc/sw-cp-server/config and password-protect the document root the Nginx way as described in NGINX Docs | Restricting Access with HTTP Basic Authentication . But the problem with that is that sw-cp-server is an integral part of Plesk that can easily change with the next minor update, so all your modifications will be gone.

@saini1987 Do read all of @Peter Debik posts first of all, but whilst not specifically password protected, you can utilise:

The Google Authenticator Plesk Extension: https://www.plesk.com/extensions/google-authenticator/

And / or

**yourpleskhostdomain**:8443/admin/control-panel-access/list (see image) But do ensure that you don't prevent yourself from logging in, if say, you have a dynamic IP address that's used when you want to login to Plesk ;)

Attachments

• Plesk-IP.png
    Plesk-IP.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 3
Back