• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Plesk didn't remove maillog in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog under AlmaLinux 9

nethubonline

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux release 9.3
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 Update #1
However AlmaLinux 9 becomes /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog, after installing Plesk /var/log/maillog is still in /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog , will it be a problem?
As far as I can tell rsyslog isn't a default part of RHEL 9 (and AL9). On none of my AL 9 systems /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog exist. Did you install rsyslog manually?

After checking, rsyslog.x86_64 is default part of AL9, however it doesn't include /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog because it is in rsyslog-logrotate.x86_64 package now, and rsyslog-logrotate is not default part of AL9.

To ensure proper rotation of the log files /var/log/cron, /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure, and /var/log/spooler, which tend to grow to large sizes and are not handled by Plesk, we have to install rsyslog-logrotate .

In CentOS 7 Plesk updates /etc/logrotate.d/syslog automatically, so I am not sure if Plesk want to handle /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog for AL9. Sure I can manage myself if Plesk doesn't. :)

After evaluation this has been recognized as a product issue on AlmaLinux 9 and will probably addressed in a future update. Issue can be tracked as PPPM-14415 on the Plesk change log.

Back