• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Disk Space Quota -> Mail Quota

D

darkscreamz

Hi guys,

As you'll no doubt notice by my recent posts I've been doing a bit of work lately reviewing our Plesk implementations and finding plenty of "interesting settings" that have been enabled by past administrators.

We currently have a Plesk 8.3.0 server in the network that provides both web and mail services (our other Plesk servers do not offer a built-in mail option so are unaffected by this issue).

The initial idea of this server is that users would be setup with the following restrictions:
Client Disk Space Quota Limit: 250mb
Client Max. # of mailboxes: Unlimited
Client Max. mailbox quota: Unlimited
Domain Disk Space Quota limit: 250mb
Domain Hard Disk Quota: 250mb
Domain Max. # of mailboxes: Unlimited
Domain Max. mailbox quota: Unlimited

What I'm finding in this scenario is that the users accounts are reporting they are over-quota as the customer has filled up their mailboxes (say with 1gig of data), which is affecting the total size calculation for the domain.

The reasoning the above setup was put in place, was based on the notion that setting a Disk quota of 250mb, would calculate the Disk plus Mail storage on the server (e.g. Disk and mail share the 250mb disk quota). Obviously this is not working as the mailbox quota is separate and due to the unlimited quota is going well above the 250mb disk limit.

Is there a way to have the two options feed into one set hard quota? Or do I look down the path of setting a mailbox quota also of say 250mb separate to the 250mb of space available for disk space?

I look forward to any suggestions :)

Regards,

Mark

Further to my first post. I've made the following changes:
Client Disk Space Quota Limit: 250mb
Client Max. # of mailboxes: Unlimited
Client Max. mailbox quota: 250mb
Domain Disk Space Quota limit: 250mb
Domain Hard Disk Quota: 250mb
Domain Max. # of mailboxes: Unlimited
Domain Max. mailbox quota: 250mb

From what I can see these changes implement a per-mailbox quota of 250mb. However what I'm wanting to govern here is the max. amount of space given to the Plesk users Mail storage. E.g. The user can have Unlimited mailboxes, however they all contribute to a total mail storage quota. So 100 mailboxes, share 1gig of mail storage space.

Is it possible to do this somehow, or is this a limitation of qmail/Plesk?

Hi Mark,
did you find a solution for this issue? If so, I am very interested in this as well and would appreciate if you share your solution. Thanks!

Best regards,
toby

TobiasF,

Unfortunately no, it doesn't seem to be possible with the current implementation, if you find a solution I'd love to know.

Back