• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved error when restoring mailboxes from backup

massj

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51
Hi,
I am trying to restore a full plesk backup from an old server in a new server but it fails in importing mailboxes with the following error

Warning: Restore domain "xyz.com"
Failed deployment of mail user [email protected]
Warning:
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --update [email protected] -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -mailbox true -delivery true -mbox_quota 2147483648B -forwarding false -description '' -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to set the mailbox size limit for the domain: The size of this mailbox must not exceed the limit on amount of disk space allocated for mailboxes in this domain.

Both servers are:
AlmaLinux 8.5 (Arctic Sphynx)
Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51

Before restoring I have setup the mailbox quota for the domain to unlimited with this command:
#plesk bin subscription_settings -u xyz.com -mbox_quota -1

After the restore proccess I find that the quota is back to system default (100M), I suppose that the restore process resets it to default.
In the origin server the mailbox quota was set to unlimited.

Unfortunately I have not access to the old server due to SSD failure, so I have only the plesk backup.

Thank you for any help.

The problem is not the mailbox size limit, but the subscription size limit. The mailbox cannot be larger than the subscription size. You'll need to expand the subscription size to which that mailbox belongs so that it can accommodate the mailbox.

Hi Peter,
many many thanks, I have changed the disk quota of the subscription to unlimited and this time restoring worked.

For those who may have a problem like mine, I highlight that I was using plesk in Power User View. In this view subscription's quota is not avalaible. You need to switch to Service Provider View to customize the subscription and change the hard disk quota.

Back