• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk DNS export zones to PowerDNS?

cloudbridge

Basic Pleskian
Hello Pleskians,

I have a question maybe someone has made it work?

Plesk example.com zone (master) transfer zone to PowerDNS slave server?
I need some sync with powerdns to manage all domains in one place that we could use other billing system with it

Hello Igor, I have tried it, but unsuccessfully.. I think it is because of PLESK is using BIND and I am using mariaDB (MySQL) on PowerDNS servers so can't transfer zones.
Yes, you are correct.
You can describe your issue and vote here powerdns support

Hi,
I have plesk running as secret supermaster on my network with four powerdns nameservers using AXFR and
Code:
options {
    notify yes;
    also-notify{
        ns1.ip;
        ns2.ip;
        ns3.ip;
        ns4.ip;
    };
};
in the named.conf on the plesk server, ok it is after the plesk comment
Code:
// -- THE FOLLOWING LINES WERE GENERATED BY PLESK. IF YOU MODIFY THEM, THEY WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WHEN THESE SETTINGS ARE MANAGED IN PLESK UI. --
but hasnt been an issue since I set them up in 2015, on multiple plesk servers

Regards
Keith

Hi,
I have plesk running as secret supermaster on my network with four powerdns nameservers using AXFR and
Code:
options {
    notify yes;
    also-notify{
        ns1.ip;
        ns2.ip;
        ns3.ip;
        ns4.ip;
    };
};
in the named.conf on the plesk server, ok it is after the plesk comment
Code:
// -- THE FOLLOWING LINES WERE GENERATED BY PLESK. IF YOU MODIFY THEM, THEY WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WHEN THESE SETTINGS ARE MANAGED IN PLESK UI. --
but hasnt been an issue since I set them up in 2015, on multiple plesk servers

Regards
Keith
Hello RMPnet.. your best option is to export DNS zone file as bind and import it to PDNS if you need that. There is no other option to do it.
Why plesk is using one server for NS propagation I don't know but on server fail all domains will be gone without response... EXTERNAL NS is very important.

Hi @zte813
I don't need to do any zone exports, any new domains added to the server are automatically added to my external nameservers, and any changes done on the plesk server are reflected on the external nameservers faster than I can switch screens and refresh the records.
Why plesk is using one server for NS propagation I don't know but on server fail all domains will be gone without response... EXTERNAL NS is very important.
Which is why I have the plesk as a secret supermaster and the domains pointed to my ns1 - ns4 external nameservers.

Regards
Keith

Back