• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk DNS Propagation problem

Splanas00

New Pleskian
Hello.

A few days ago I installed plesk on Ubuntu Server and configured a new domain with a dns zone. 3 days ago I'm waiting and dns propagation does not work. I can access the default plesk site (from the domain name), but when I do a "dns propagation checker" it does not propagate to all the world.
I also have port 53 open.

I attached some images of the server configuration, to see if there is anything wrong.

DNS Zone:
DNS_Zone.jpg

Server settings:
Server_Settings.jpg

Server IP Address:
IP_Address.jpg

Hosts file:
hosts.jpg

Interfaces:
Interfaces.jpg

------

The domain (GoDaddy) has 2 nameservers:
ns1.si...ns.com 88.--.--.189
ns2.si...ns.com 88.--.--.189

And the DNS of the domain are:
ns1.si...ns.com
ns2.si...ns.com

I have something misconfigured?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Splanas00,

to investigate your issue, we either need the FQDN, or/and the corresponding IP address. At the moment, we can only see your internal 192.xxx - address, which is not able to communicate with "the world". ;)

Hi Splanas00,

your IP ressolves to a dynamic IP, where you are not able to reverse to your FQDN.

Pls. consider to ask your provider ( Telefonica de Espana SAU ) if they offer static IPs and if they do, if you are able to setup the reverse DNS - entry to a FQDN of your choice. ;)

Hello Splanas00,

On top of what UFHH01 said, I'm going to throw out that you could, in theory, use a dynamic IP but it's highly recommended that you don't. Always use static IP.s

With that said, in order for you to resolve anything if you're using your own DNS server (instead of using the DNS option provided by GoDaddy which is the registrar of your domain), you'll need to create 2 Glue records for both of your name servers otherwise it doesn't know how to route anything and to allow the DNS to propagate.

Just food for thought there.

But yes, like what UFHH01 said, check with your ISP to see if they have static IPs available to use.

Also, a reverse DNS technically isn't needed unless you're planning to use your own domain for sending emails as well (not needed if you're using a service such as Google Apps or Office 365).

Hi Splanas00,

your IP ressolves to a dynamic IP, where you are not able to reverse to your FQDN.

Pls. consider to ask your provider ( Telefonica de Espana SAU ) if they offer static IPs and if they do, if you are able to setup the reverse DNS - entry to a FQDN of your choice. ;)

Thank you. I will need a static IP.

Hello Splanas00,

On top of what UFHH01 said, I'm going to throw out that you could, in theory, use a dynamic IP but it's highly recommended that you don't. Always use static IP.s

With that said, in order for you to resolve anything if you're using your own DNS server (instead of using the DNS option provided by GoDaddy which is the registrar of your domain), you'll need to create 2 Glue records for both of your name servers otherwise it doesn't know how to route anything and to allow the DNS to propagate.

Just food for thought there.

But yes, like what UFHH01 said, check with your ISP to see if they have static IPs available to use.

Also, a reverse DNS technically isn't needed unless you're planning to use your own domain for sending emails as well (not needed if you're using a service such as Google Apps or Office 365).

Hello,

In godaddy I already have created the glue records Hostnames.JPG , and the nameservers of the domain, are the glue records nameservers.JPG

With these changes, I need an static IP or the dns will propagate with the dynamic ip that I have?

Thanks.

Back