• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Plesk doesn't see my upgraded PHP & MySQL

C

cottage1

Guest
Running Plesk 8.1.1 on RHEL 4.

I was given the standard PHP 4 and MYSQL 4 setup at THE PLANET.

After checking to make sure the Plesk 8.1.1 supports PHP 5 and MySQL 5, I paid the tech to upgrade PHP and MySQL for me.

He did so, and the PHP test page works.

However, when I look in Plesk Server Components it says that PHP and MYSQL are not installed. Consequently it will not allow me to install any application vault packages that use PHP or MYSQL.

How do you get PLESK to see the new PHP and MYSQL installations?
 
I don't know what the tech exactly did, but if you use the packages from the CentOS Plus repository or ART's Atomic repository everything works just fine.

I'd think it's strange Plesk would say MySQL is not installed because Plesk runs on MySQL itself.
 
Maybe did the Tech not use a rpm like installation method ?

search for rpm installed versions using that command :

rpm -qa |grep mysql
rpm -qa |grep php

Florent
 
Back
Top