• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk Doesn't Synchronise Mail Service Status With Service Plan

Enverex

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
Plesk Doesn't Synchronise Mail Service Status With Service Plan
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:

Plesk 17.0 and 17.8 tested, Linux CentOS 7.6, x86_64.
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Plesk doesn't appear to synchronise the mail service status of a service plan to the attached domains. e.g. if the mail service is enabled on a domain and you disable "Switch on the mail service" on the service plan, synchronising subscriptions to that service plan will not disable the mail service on those domains.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Create a domain with the mail service enabled. Create a service plan with the mail service disabled. Assign the subscription to that service plan and synchronise.
ACTUAL RESULT:
Mail service remains enabled, can be confirmed by running...
plesk bin subscription -i <domain> | grep -i 'mail service'
... on the command line.
EXPECTED RESULT:
The subscription to be synchronised to the service plan with matching settings, thus the mail service should have then been disabled.
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
If you have 0 mailboxes allowed on the service plan, you can't even get to the mail settings to manually disable the mail service for a domain, leading to confusion as to why emails aren't routing correctly given the fact that the mail service should be turned off, but it isn't and you can't see the option that shows that it's actually still enabled.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

this is not a bug but a feature. The plan must not overwrite the setting. Only on first set up the option may be set.

Then it's highly misleading. The point of synchronizing to a plan is that the subscription's settings are updated / locked to match the service plan.

But that does not affect all settings. There are settings that can not be overwritten again if individual changes have been made. For example, the PHP settings.

It may also happen that all subscriptions are lockend after an update because something has changed. Only a renewed synchronization helps.

This would then overwrite my individual mail setting, which would be a disaster.

From developer:

I followed STR again:
  • Created subscription test4.dev on service plan with enabled mail
  • Change service plan to domain by 'Change plan' button
  • Checked mail service on mail settings page and in CLI - status disabled
Screenshots added. See in following order: c1 -> c2 -> c3 -> c4.

Please, provide more detailed STR.

c1.PNG c2.PNG c3.PNG c4.PNG

Back