• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk doesnt update the DNS table

L

lommez

Im having a problem when creating a specific domain on the panel.
After creating it with success, plesk doesnt update the DNS table that are stored on these files:
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\dns\etc\name.conf
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\dns\var\35.38.70.in-addr.arpa

and doesnt create that file:
C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\dns\var\insidemobiliario.com.br

Anyone have the same problem?
This is happening only with that domain <insidemobiliario.com.br>

Im using the BIND DNS Server 9.4.2-P1.

Another question, which DNS server is recommended? BIND DNS or the DNS Server that comes with Windows 2003 server?

Thanks!

I also having the same problem. I can update the domain account DNS through plesk without any error but it doesn't create dns zone and add records to named.conf.

Any help with this? Thank you!

Gentlemen,

We cannot reproduce the issue in our lab.
Could you provide more details? It would be good to look at step-by-step scenario.

I am also having the same issue with Plesk Windows not creating a bind dns record for a new domain,

This happened when I was restoring the domains from Plesk 8.4 to a new plesk 8.6,

It seems like all domains except for one did not get a dns record created.

As a workaround until it's fixed, you can use a group change to disable webmail for all of the sites, then re-enable it using another group change, which should re-create the DNS records correctly.

You could write a batch or VBS script that effectively enumerated all the domains and manually issued the DNS change request to recreate the files - but the EASIEST way for a limited number of domains (200 or less) is to use the webmail method above.

Didn't work for me. The named.conf and file in the var/ folder still don't contain the right references/file.

Yes, I'm running 8.6 on a Windows 2003 server. I have the exact same problem as the one listed at the top of this thread.

Anyone? Got to be a fix for this. Anyone know where the database for the plesk installation is located so I can search through it

Lucky me. I have the same with two domains.

I can add them etc. But they do not show up in the dns. I can rename the domains and the new domainname is showing up in the dns. When I rename the domains back than it is gone again....

This is driving me crazy for many hours now....

I have the same issue. If I delete a domain and after recreate him the dns doesnt work.
It does not create the dns file in bind directory.

My plesk is 9.2.1 windows.

Thanks.

Marco

I guess theres no way to fix this? Its never happened to anyone else? Beyond the scope of the folks who even created the software? Anybody?

Got it fixed

Ok, I tried to decipher the plesk kb on this and came up with a diffeent method to fix it.

1. I deleted the domain through plesk.
2. I copied the plesk db, mine was located in c:\parallels\plesk\admin\db and named psa.mdb
3. I downloaded the db to my local machine and accessed it with microsoft access.
4. In dns_zones table I simply deleted the reference(s) to the domain in question.
5. I saved the db and uploaded it to my server.
6. Copy and paste it back into the above location.
7. Access plesk and create the domain and hopefully it works for you.

Back