• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Email no SPF, DKIM and no Mail Server (MX Record)

Johnny3_3

New Pleskian
I cant get my mail to work properly.
SPF, DKIM and mail server (Mx Record) isn't working according to mail-tester.com. You can see the result in the picture below.
I followed all the steps of this article DKIM, SPF, and DMARC Protection
and this one  Emails sent from a Plesk server to mail services like Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo! Mail appear in spam. How to troubleshoot?

Im running Obsidian 18.0.27 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I reinstalled the server multiple times. I feel like I tried everything.

Please tell me if you need more informations.

PleskEmail.png

Hello,

Did you add the MX record as an A record to the DNS record?

Example:

1. mx.domain.com A IP Address
2. mx.domain.com MX domain.com

Hello,

Did you add the MX record as an A record to the DNS record?

Example:

1. mx.domain.com A IP Address
2. mx.domain.com MX domain.com

actually not. do I have to replace the "mx" in mx.domain.com with something? Im kinda new to this stuff, so sorry if thats a noob question

Yeah,

You must first create a mx A record of the Plesk server. This is required for the MX. Because DNS must resolve the mx address and this is possible with A record:

Example DNS record:
mx.Pleskdomainserver.com A Plesk.Server.IP.Adress

Then, you should throw this into your domaine that you want to use as an e-mail.

Example DNS record:

customerdomain.com MX mx.Pleskdomainserver.com

My level of English is not very good. If there is something you do not understand, you can rewrite it.

How you manage your DNS is important.

all the record need to be added in TXT of the domain management.

if you are using Plesk as DNS Server the system will auto provide the template, unless you are using external DNS server then you may replicate or reconfigure the record accordingly.

Back