• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Email Security Pro, money back please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankebut

Regular Pleskian
I bought the thing and have no improvement at all, I have a lot more spam now than before, i need my money back please!!!

I suppose that a forum post is not the best solution for this problem. Such things are better to disassemble with the support team. They can investigate and fix the issue directly on your server and also help and indicate the correct way for a refund if you insist.

I bought the thing and have no improvement at all, I have a lot more spam now than before, i need my money back please!!!

@Ankebut,

I first want to emphasize that it is not my intention to interfere with this thread - I simply want to make an important point about spam and spam solutions.

In essence, you are trying to answer four (separate) questions by providing one simple answer, being "Plesk Email Security Pro does not work".

That is not a proper answer, certainly not when one does have a look at the four separate questions that are relevant here.

The relevant questions are :

a) does an average server receive a lot of spam each second of each day? Yes! It does...... and most of the spam or spam attacks go unnoticed, unless you watch your logs every second of the day,

b) does Plesk Email Security Pro create or solicit spam? No! It really does not ....... any correlation between the installation of Plesk Email Security Pro and increases in the number of spam is just mere coincidence,

c) does Plesk Email Security Pro help you identify spam? Yes, it should ...... and as a result, you will also become more aware of the vast amounts of spam, including the spam that would often go undetected,

d) is Plesk Email Security Pro offer the best alternative on the market to combat spam? Ah, well, that is just a "matter of opinion".

Let's be honest, any solution on a specific server to identify spam that reaches that specific server ....... well, that is just a bit odd : any solution to combat spam should be focused on preventing spam to reach the server .

I will state the above differently : whenever spam is detected on a server, it is already too late.

I can again state the above in terms of a good solution to combat spam : an external solution on an external server that filters spam and prevents spam from reaching the server that should not receive spam.

It is that simple.

However, it cannot be that simple to simply conclude that Plesk Email Security Pro does not work at all and/or is not worth the money.

That would be too short-sighted - in principle, Plesk Email Security Pro does the job, within the limitations provided by the design of the extension.

In my humble opinion, you should simply use the SpamExperts Email Security extension or create your own mail cluster.

I hope the above helps a bit in choosing the solution that is exactly right for you!

Kind regards.........

@trialotto keep your comments for yourself...

Before I subscribed to Plesk Email Security Pro, I had a lot less spam than I do now, and I opened a few topics here so that plesk employees might be able to help, but none of my inquiries were answered, I also wrote that since the installation the Spamassassin server has stopped no more working, no one has helped.
And I am using the Plesk for 10 years now and it is really a lot of money what I spend and expect that if you buy something it will work, that cost me 9€/Month, that's not a little money only the Plesk Email Security Pro.

I want to know one thing now, how can i cancel my subscription now and get my money back?

Plesk Email Security ProEXT.06460995.0002

@Ankebut

Your statement

keep your comments for yourself...

is uncalled for and not very polite.

Your question

I want to know one thing now, how can i cancel my subscription now and get my money back?

is rhetorical - you have entered an agreement with Plesk for a "subscription product" that can be cancelled at any time.

Finally, a comment that is more for the general benefit of all forum members (and certainly not addressed to you alone) - before engaging in a legal agreement with a counterparty, one should always read the fine-print and conditions of the agreement, including options to end the agreement.

Moreover, @Ankebut, you should be glad - you have tested an expensive extension and that did not work out : it is better to know than not knowing at all.

In addition, it clears the way for testing the better alternatives on the market to combat spam, being (amongst others)

1 - SpamExperts - prices from € 0,99 per domain (or less than € 0,25 per domain for large scale deployments),
2 - SpamExpert Extension (by Plesk) - a bit more expensive, but (more or less) identical to alternative 1,
3 - create your own mail filtering / spam filtering cluster, for instance on the basis of rspamd - see Rspamd spam filtering system

and please note that anything involving SpamExperts is very closely related to and/or based upon rspamd, with this difference that SpamExperts based solutions are "out-of-the-box-ready", configured properly and "trained" to the highest extent possible (read: every spam filter has to be "trained").

I hope this piece of information helps all forum members.

Kind regards.........

@Ankebut,

Not necessary to respond that way, you are certainly not making friends or giving a good impression of yourself.

Let's make a deal - if you stop spamming the Plesk forum with your disgruntlement, then I will stop responding to you and/or providing help when required.

However, you should never forget that posts are not for you alone - they are intended for all Plesk users.

And if you find it annoying that I share your opinion that Plesk Email Security Extension is a bit too expensive - well, it is not my problem, if you don't see that.

And if you really want to know it - you make your own decisions and (on the one hand) you should not have bought Plesk Email Security Extension in the first place, for many (obvious) reasons) and (on the other hand) you should not ask for money back on a forum....... a forum intended for and by Plesk users, a community.

In my humble opinion, this thread can be closed - fight your battles in court, not on a Plesk forum where Plesk Team and other forum members are trying to help each other out with lots of Plesk related stuff, all on a voluntary basis.

Kind regards..........

PS If you have purchased the license for the Plesk Email Security Extension via Plesk, then you should be able to cancel it any time via the MyPlesk panel.

I waive your help and I think my professional competence is definitely much higher than yours, don't make yourself so important

I waive your help and I think my professional competence is definitely much higher than yours, don't make yourself so important

So, stop complaining about a Plesk extension - just acknowledge that your professional competence is not in the area of combatting spam.

Also, this is not a place for a pissing contest - you can have the last word, if you want to have the last word.

Again, I have to emphasize that it is not personal - I trust your professional competence, but please........ stop moaning : just cancel your subscription on the Plesk Email Security Extension if you did not already do so.

And since you do not seem to understand why I am engaging in this discussion, I will explain : the Plesk Email Security Extension is a solution that is offered by Plesk and I personally do not see the value of that extension, certainly given the price of that extension - the faster people stop purchasing and using the extension, the faster will the extension be deprecated or improved (to something that actually adds value).

Let's be honest, you purchased a product that you did not want - why? simply because it was offered and presented as a "good" or "excellent" solution.

A rock-solid reason to get something positive out of your (bad) experience with the extension : that Plesk stops offering this extension.

In short, you can respond in every way you want, but it will not change what happens - I stop posting in this thread, Plesk will continue to offer the Plesk Email Security Extension and people will be tempted to purchase and use the extension.

After 10 years of Plesk usage, you should know by now that all Plesk Experts stop sooner or later (due to nature of posts on the forum, which nature is not really rewarding and/or an incentive to continue) and Plesk keeps continuing to offer extensions, most of which are discontinued sooner or later (even if people have paid a lot of money for it and even have build their complete infrastructure along the lines of Plesk and specific extensions).

As promised, I stop posting in this thread..........

Kind regards........

Plesk Email Security ProEXT.06460995.0002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back