• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Error - SMB

pould

Basic Pleskian
Hi folks,

I tried to switch to a Power User view and it appears that the necessary SMB installation doesn't exist on my VPS.

When I now go to domain.ip:8443 it forwards to domain.ip:8443/smb/ and then gives me the following error.

----
ERROR: Call to a member function getURI() on null (Form.php:198)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles
----

Plesk itself is running, all services are fine, I just can't get onto the GUI frontend.

I looked in the shell autoinstaller but couldn't find an option to help.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Peter+

What is your Plesk version? I hope that you have tried already fix it with bootstrapper repair procedure for 12.0 version or with repair utility for 12.5 version?

OK - Ran the repair tool. It fixed the following error.

------------

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database

Inconsistency in the table 'smb_users' for the column
subscriptionDomainId: No rows in the table 'domains' with id = 2 .. [WARNING]
To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair db -ver bose
Fix broken references in the table 'smb_users'? [Y/n] y
Creating a database dump ........................................ [OK]
A dump of the database was created before an attempt to repair the database: /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preresolve.20151208-111523.dump.gz
Fixing broken references ........................................ [FIXED]

--------------

However still getting a similar error. Now when I go to domain.ip:8443 it lets me login, then forwards to domain.ip:8443/smb/ with the same error as before.

Do I need to reinstall the SMB components?

Have you tried

# plesk repair installation

?
Do I need to reinstall the SMB components?
SMB is not Plesk component, it is part of Plesk Core. Therefore you can't reinstall it.

Anymore insight? If SMB is a core component, is there a way to force a reinstall of the core components?

If I was to take a full server backup, remove Plesk (just the first option) from the autoinstaller and then reinstall it, would that reinstall the core components or would I lose the whole installation and have to set everything up again?

I think i know the cause, you did not complete the installation of the backend hostname.domain.tld:8443 login with root and finish the process then login with admin account

Back