• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk errors

F

flymo

Hello
Another issue with this disastrous upgrade to plesk 10 - when I try to look at the backup manager I get the following error

Error: Runtime error in pmmcli:
exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\x80' in position 88: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 2039, in main
data_action_response, errcode_response, error_message = actions.get(sys.argv[1][2:])(parameters)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 1857, in get_dumps_list
return ActionRunner(GetDumpsListAction, dump_list_query, None).doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 150, in doActivity
result = self.processor.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 222, in doActivity
result_dump_list, errcode, message = access_service(dumps_storage_credentials).getDumpList(object_specification)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmm_repository_access_service.py", line 193, in getDumpList
dump_list, errcode, message = self._pmmras_get_dump_list(object_specification.get_type(),object_specification.get_guid(),object_specification.get_id(),object_specification.get_name())
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmm_repository_access_service.py", line 88, in _pmmras_get_dump_list
dump_list.build(minidom.parseString(pmmras_dump_list).childNodes[0])
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/xml/dom/minidom.py", line 1925, in parseString
return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
return builder.parseString(string)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
parser.Parse(string, True)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\x80' in position 88: ordinal not in range(128)

My sites are still crashing with apache overload and yes I did look at the so called "guide" - which was less than useless. I am now into 4 days of this mess, my clients are beyond pissed as am I

Any suggestions (apart from getting rid of plesk) that may alleviate this nightmare?
John

John, didn't you read about all the problems that we have been experiencing with this plesk 10 upgrade? If so, why did you even attempt it at this time?

Horse has bolted, closing gates etc and your comment is not constructive..
Thanks anyway
As plesk didnt see fit to offer a rollback, i am looking for options.

No response from Plesk staff ?
Great customer service.....NOT!

Any response to the backup manager failure?

Back