• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk Firewall Config for IPTables

SpAcEDeViL

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Plesk use the iptables firewall, right?

So, i think many admins need this. New firewall rules.

So a global blocking or accepting for different country's.
eg. over geoip.

I found this, http://www.howtoforge.com/xtables-addons-on-centos-6-and-iptables-geoip-filtering

But this is complete manuell, and when i reconfig the rules in plesk, all my own rules was dropped.

So, i think, we need here new features.

A list, for block a country, or block all, but not this country.

eg. Add a checkbox for : "iptables -I INPUT -m geoip --src-cc CN -j DROP" to block all traffic form china

Or when all traffic is block, a checkbox "for iptables -I INPUT -m geoip --src-cc CN -j ACCEPT" to allow traffic from china.

And a function that checks every month for new geoip entrys and add this to the list.

Wo we can make our servers a different more secured ;)

Back