• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk firewall (remote redis)

Γιώργος

New Pleskian
Good evening fellas,

I have the following problem, I am trying to expose a redis server to the public in order to allow remote connections from other hosts, and I do manage to succeed this using Plesk firewall

1) Plesk Settings
2) Firewall
3) Add Custom Rule
4) Allow incoming at specific host & port
5) apply.

Then I am able to connect remotely from the given host at the specific host.

the problem is that I cannot do anything else than that.

all ports are blocked through the outside world.
Ping service is blocked. I cannot ping TO the server, or ping FROM the webserver, dns won't resolve,
mySQL won't resolve and in general all comunications goes down. All but the redis port into the given host :)

Any ideas why this might be happening ?

You do not need to explicitly open connections via the Plesk Firewall extensions, the Redis instance should already be open to remote connections.

In short, it seems to be the case that you can simply solve the problem by removing your custom firewall rule.

Hope the above helps......

This might help.

But want I want is:
all traffic to be allowed exactly as it was before.
All traffic to be allowed on port 6379 on a given IP address / subnet
All traffic to be blocked on port 6379

I Also have custom rule on plesk firewall for allowing incoming traffic on some ports on 50xxx

and ofcourse, disabling firewall makes it all works, but I don't want under any circumstances to disable plesk firewall.

Back