• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk firewall with IP range?

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
In Plesk Home > Extensions > Firewall > Modify Plesk firewall rules I have add a custom rule to block intense crawlers. Is here a way to block ip ranges? I can only add a single IP.

Or is here a way to do this with extension fail2ban?

1. How I can ban here a ip range?
2. How I can add a rule against crawling? (not media data like images, js, css, only webpage)

1. How I can ban here a ip range?
at the Plesk firewall you can "Add IP address or network" for example like => xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/30 there are enough online tools available to calculate IP Range to CIDR

2. How I can add a rule against crawling? (not media data like images, js, css, only webpage)
If you are talking about to stop unwanted crawler you can enable in fail2ban extension the jail "plesk-apache-badbot" and in the associated jail filter you also can add other unwanted crawlers too. For the jail set the settings like maxretry & findtime & bantime to your needs.

see also: Protection Against Brute Force Attacks (Fail2Ban)

Last edited:
1. Thanks! Ah, "Network" means here CIDR. I was no sure, because there is no example in the doc what excatly (syntax) to write for "network".

2. I have activated plesk-apche-badbot and take a look its help. Thanks again.

Back