• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk hidden Master with slave DNS

Esalogica

New Pleskian
I have one Plesk server and two debian10 Slave DNS (pns1 and pns2) . I want to mantain the same DNS config even if I move domains on another Plesk server, but I'd like to mantain Plesk Panel to configure zones for the customers.
So I configured some zones only with external slave DNS as NS records (before it was: NS plesk.domain.com, pns1.domain.com, pns2.domain.com -> now it is NS pns1.domain.com, pns2.domain.com)
The problem is, when I update the zone, the slave DNS doesn't accept the update:

Mar 9 16:27:49 pns1 named[30377]: zone xxx.it/IN: refused notify from non-master: xx.20.113.xx#13548

Is there a way to force the slave to update zones even if in the zone config it's the master?

Because when I move domains between different servers or to upgrade a server I must change the primary dns in the registrar panel everytime. With thousands of domains and ten server it's time consuming and can't be automated.

Last edited:
Back