• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Home Screen no longer showing notices for new versions of Plesk

nmdpa3

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 #2
Strangely, since Plesk 18.0.58 #2, we no longer see notices on the Plesk Home page when new versions of Plesk are available. This oddity appears to have started since 18.0.58 #2 and occurs on all systems both Linux and Windows.

Updates become available gradually. You can force an update by entering the GUI installer, but an update might indeed not show up on the home screen at the time when it is actually available. This is to reduce the load on download servers. Some Plesk gurus and me believe that it could be wise not to jump onto the latest update immediately as experience shows that some might still contain product issues.

Sure, totally understand all of that and I apply updates manually anyway. My concern was more along the line of...I use that home screen to know there are updates, and after 18.0.58 #2, I never saw any indication there even was a 18.0.59 or an 18.0.59 #2, because there was never any notice.

The time between 18.0.58 #2 and 18.0.59 was several weeks, so I would have expected to see that notice on the home page just as its been done for years.

I don't always look at the Plesk website to know if updates have been released.

Back