• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

plesk hundreds of processes to the server freezes, need help

R

radioscripte

Hello,

I have 2 root servers. Both of them are running Debian 4.0 Etch. I made an update from Plesk, version 8.6 to 9.3.0.

Since the update, I have the problem, that Plesk is starting more and more processes (/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi). On my mainserver I had over night to the next morning more than 500 new processes running, startet from Plesk.

If I close Plesk, the processes are still there, I have to 'killall' them all.

My mainserver has enough of CPU power, to handle this. My second server, with only 256MB RAM got some problems here. After a maximum of 24 hours the SWAP file is running full and the whole server freezes. Only a hard reset can solve the problem.

My question is: Why is Plesk starting so many processes and how can i prevent that? Somebody can help me please?

Regards, Stefan

Both servers have on it the kernel 2.6.32.2-xxxx-grs-ipv4-32

Back