1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

plesk hundreds of processes to the server freezes, need help

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by radioscripte, May 4, 2010.

1. radioscripte

radioscripte Guest

Hello,

I have 2 root servers. Both of them are running Debian 4.0 Etch. I made an update from Plesk, version 8.6 to 9.3.0.

Since the update, I have the problem, that Plesk is starting more and more processes (/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi). On my mainserver I had over night to the next morning more than 500 new processes running, startet from Plesk.

If I close Plesk, the processes are still there, I have to 'killall' them all.

My mainserver has enough of CPU power, to handle this. My second server, with only 256MB RAM got some problems here. After a maximum of 24 hours the SWAP file is running full and the whole server freezes. Only a hard reset can solve the problem.

My question is: Why is Plesk starting so many processes and how can i prevent that? Somebody can help me please?

Regards, Stefan

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

are you running a non-standard kernel by any chance at OVH?

3. radioscripte

radioscripte Guest

Both servers have on it the kernel 2.6.32.2-xxxx-grs-ipv4-32

4. radioscripte

radioscripte Guest

Can not really help me for?