• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk IIS 6.0 Websites

C

chernobl

I am using shared IP Addresses in our current hosting setup. We currently create a new website instance in IIS. When I use Plesk to setup the web hosting it looks like the sites are all bundled under one website instance? I thought plesk used host header files for shared ip from what I was told on the phone by one of the sales reps. Can someone with previous IIS6.0 experience and Windows 2003 experience please tell me if they are running into the same issues.

thanks much,
Anthony Biondo
[email protected]

We use Windows 2003 Web. Ed. with plesk 6.5.1.

thats right all sites witch have the same shared IP are under one Site, the site with the the shared ip address. plesk solves that with the mapping.dll, that you get the right connted of a site.

so if you type in www.yoursite.com you will by redirected through the mapping.dll witch you see in iis under isapi to the right directory. the direct url to the website would be:

http://yourip/yourdomain.com_non_ssl/

I am also using Windows 2003 Web Edition and all domains using a shared IP are handled by Plesk with no problems. I try not to think too much about how it happens just know that it works very well on 5 different servers and try to just keep the clients happy.
That is why I bought Plesk for Windows after using it for 2 years on Linux boxes, since version 2.0.

Back