• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anthony Brian Mallgren

Basic Pleskian
Does anyone know of an existing solution to enable a decent editor in Plesk for GoDaddy that supports HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and C# development?

Hi Anthony Brian Mallgren,

There is no such extension you are looking for. The only feature is Code Editor. Starting from Plesk 12.5 it's not an extension but a part of Plesk.

But it's mostly not for comfortable development in term how you describe it. It's more for fast editing your site or app when full featured IDE is not available.

For comfortable development you can use full featured IDE and sync your code using FTP for example. Many IDEs support automatic sync of changed code by FTP.

Hi Anthony,

I thought GoDaddy installed CodeEditor extension (which provides CodeMirror) by default on all servers.

And in Plesk 12.5 this extension is a part of Plesk so you'll be able to use it from the panel without Chrome Extension. Moreover this extension allow to open several files in tabs to edit them. You can see an example on screenshot in Extesnion Catalog.

Hi Anthony,

I thought GoDaddy installed CodeEditor extension (which provides CodeMirror) by default on all servers.

And in Plesk 12.5 this extension is a part of Plesk so you'll be able to use it from the panel without Chrome Extension. Moreover this extension allow to open several files in tabs to edit them. You can see an example on screenshot in Extesnion Catalog.

Perhaps. I'm using the Deluxe Windows Hosting Package. So far, I have not found a way to access the Extensions section of Plesk within this hosting solution. If this is possible, and someone could point me in the right direction, I may switch to the previously existing solution.

I'll keep an eye out for the new features if/when GoDaddy upgrades. Thank you for the heads up.

Last edited:
Back