• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk interface language set to English, but the extension catalog still shows descriptions in German

PeterKi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu Linux 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
plesk obsidian 18.0.50u2 WebAdmin Edition
My provider did supply Plesk with German language setting and I have changed the interface language to English.
This works almost everywhere, but the descriptions in the extension catalog are still in German (see example picture)
Is there something wrong with the plesk language change module?

2023-02-24 08_10_36-Languages - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 — Mozilla Firefox.png2023-02-24 08_08_30-Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 — Mozilla Firefox.png

I could not reproduce the issue here. Did you also change the language to English in your own user profile?

1677227076216.png

Yes, I have set the language in my user profile also to US english.
All Plesk menus I have checked so far are well in English.
Even the extension catalog is English, except for the descriptions of most of the extensions.
To me, it looks like that some extensions have a localized description and still remember the German language setting.
So extensions like "kernel care", "Skins and Color schemes" or "Social login" show a German description whereas SOGo webmail beta has an English description.2023-02-24 10_33_58-Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 — Mozilla Firefox.png2023-02-24 10_33_46-Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 — Mozilla Firefox.png2023-02-24 10_33_33-Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 — Mozilla Firefox.png2023-02-24 10_33_19-Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 — Mozilla Firefox.png

Developers think that it can be caused by cache. That should be cleared within 24 hours. Please check again tomorrow or later if the issue is solved.

My provider did supply Plesk with German language setting and I have changed the interface language to English.
This works almost everywhere, but the descriptions in the extension catalog are still in German (see example picture)
Is there something wrong with the plesk language change module?

View attachment 22778View attachment 22777

@PeterKi

As @Peter Debik already explained, it could have something to do with cache/caching.

However, in your case it might also be feasible that your server - dedicated server or virtual server? - is running with German language settings.

You should make sure that the locale settings are not German, since that can cause some havoc when updating packages or doing sysadmin work.

You can check the local settings by running the command : locale

You can check which language packs are installed by running the command : dpkg -l | grep -i language-pack

You can simply apply another language pack by editing the /etc/default/local file - for some OS, you need to execute some additional steps.

Just try to check first which language pack is installed!

Kind regards.....

I kindly remind you to refrain from hate speech, attacks on other users, resellers, partners. Users who do not comply with the basic etiquette must be banned.
This is probably also due to a wrong installation of PLESK .... PLESK seek to betray the users with "support" from resellers.

PLESK is a very good solution, but PLESK have a lot of stupid resellers with a inacceptable "support".
The idea to solve these issues trough a "Forum" shows that PLESK do not want to help the users. .

PLESK seek to betray the users with "support" from resellers.
Not true.
The idea to solve these issues trough a "Forum" shows that PLESK do not want to help the users. .
Not true.

@brainstuffch With all respect, please refrain from further attacks. I have been very patient with you in other threads here, but this forum is not for aggressive rants. You are still welcome to post questions and offer help to other users, but as you can see from other posts on here, this is a friendly forum and we would like to keep it this way. Please stop posting aggressive comments.

I have set the language of my server to en_US.UTF-8 in /etc/default/locale and except for the descriptions in the extensions catalog I don't see anything in German.
In the meantime I have also rebooted my server but the problem still exists.
I became aware of the problem after I have migrated from my old vServer with Ubuntu 20 and Plesk 18.0.50u2.
The old server is running with Plesk Obsidian (not the Web Admin Edition) and it does not show the problem with the extension descriptions being in German.
The problem is of course a minor issue but I as both vServers are hosted by the same provider I do think it is an issue with the Web Admin Edition.

I have set the language of my server to en_US.UTF-8 in /etc/default/locale and except for the descriptions in the extensions catalog I don't see anything in German.
In the meantime I have also rebooted my server but the problem still exists.
I became aware of the problem after I have migrated from my old vServer with Ubuntu 20 and Plesk 18.0.50u2.
The old server is running with Plesk Obsidian (not the Web Admin Edition) and it does not show the problem with the extension descriptions being in German.
The problem is of course a minor issue but I as both vServers are hosted by the same provider I do think it is an issue with the Web Admin Edition.

@PeterKi,

I am pretty sure that it is a language pack related issue on the host server used for hosting your vServers.

It is safe to assume that the host server is German in terms of language and that package are installed in German by default.

This can be persistent across vServer in a nasty way - in a far away past, I have encountered a similar issue ........ it is not resolvable if your hosting the vServers with the same hosting provider that I used (for testing their vServers).

Just wait and see ....... let's hope that it is cache related (otherwise, you are probably best off to get a dedicated server or take a virtual server elsewhere).

Kind regards.....

Back